Preparation Time: 20 minutes Servings: 2
We had some left-over Naan Bread dough from our Chickpea Curry dinner so we decided to roll it out nice and thin and use it for these loaded breakfast burritos. After realizing we hadn’t indulged in the guilty pleasure of loaded early morning breakfast burritos in a long time we decided to treat ourselves to this home-made takeaway.
4 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 potatoes, cubed.
½ fresh tomato, roughly diced
1 handful lettuce, roughly chopped
1 serving carrot bacon (see the simple recipe here)
Enough leftover naan bread dough for at least 2 wraps, roll one wrap out ready to cook.
If you’re super hungry then serve with baked beans too!
- Fry the onion and garlic in the vegetable oil on a medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the cubed potatoes, stir well and cover.
- Stir the potatoes occasionally, allowing them to brown in the pan.
- If you haven’t cooked your carrot bacon yet, now’s a good time to fry that deliciousness up.
- Once the potatoes are cooked and have begun to brown (25 – 30 minutes) you can season with salt and pepper, turn the heat off and leave them covered.
- If you’re adding beans put them in a saucepan over a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Now you can cook your first wrap on a dry pan over a high heat, as the first one cooks you can roll out the next one. Flip the wrap when it begins to brown and remove from the heat when both sides have begun to go golden in colour.
- Remember to stir the beans every so often.
- Once the wraps are cooked, put the potatoes, carrot bacon, lettuce, tomato and beans into small bowls and load up your breakfast burrito as you desire!
This is a breakfast fit for a vegan king! The smell of freshly made bread, garlic potatoes and carrot bacon will fill the house and everyone will be desperate to dig into these filling burritos. Serve hot and enjoy, the tomato and onion add a refreshing crunch to the dish.