Preparation Time: 5 minutes Servings: 2
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
We LOVE Avo’s. Usually we’d have a hearty helping of guacamole on toast or with some nacho chips but this pasta dish is our new favourite lunch. We decided to top the dish with garlic breadcrumbs to give some extra flavour and added crunch.
1 ripe avocado
Juice from ¼ of a lemon
1 medium sized garlic clove, finely chopped
Small pinch of chilli flakes
Large pinch of salt and pepper
3 slices of bread, made into breadcrumbs
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp mixed herbs, crushed in palm
2 tbsp olive oil
- Boil salted water for the spaghetti, once boiling add the spaghetti and stir occasionally.
- While the spaghetti is cooking- mash the avocado in a bowl, squeeze in the lemon juice, add the chopped garlic, chilli flakes and seasoning and stir well.
- Drain the spaghetti, add 1 tsp of olive oil, stir, cover and leave to one side.
- Toast the breadcrumbs in a small frying pan with chopped garlic, mixed herbs and olive oil.
- stir the avocado mix into the spaghetti so it is evenly covered.
- Serve & top with the toasted breadcrumbs! ENJOY!
Avocado is wonderful, this is a great way to enjoy avo for lunch or a relaxed dinner. It’s a perfect dish if there’s not much left in the house as it uses very few ingredients but is delicious and nutritious. Avocados are a great source of vitamins and minerals as well as the ‘good fat’, dietary fibre and potassium!