Preparation Time: 10 minutes Servings: 2
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
This meal is delicious and authentic with very little effort and time. Stuff a roti or wrap full of this spicy potato mix and enjoy – your tastebuds will thank you!
2 large potatoes, diced
½ onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tomato, diced
½ tbsp. – 1 tbsp. turmeric powder
½ tbsp. – 1tbsp. masala powder
salt & pepper to taste
Serve with wraps or rice as a main meal or as a delicious side dish.
- Fry the onion in a large pan over a medium heat until translucent.
- Add the garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomato and spices followed by the diced potato.
- Stir well, turn the heat to low and cover.
- Stir the mixture every 5 – 10 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn the heat off and allow the potatoes to sit for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Now give the potatoes a final stir and be sure to scrape all the deliciousness from the bottom of the pan.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
These spicy potatoes are great, we’ve made them time and time again. The simplicity of the dish makes it the perfect meal on even the busiest days.